Monday, August 31, 2009

Beginning of my 40th year, 5770, and the 2009-2010 school year...

For me, the “new year” always starts sometime between late August and mid September.
  • My birthday is September 5
  • Rosh Hashanah (aka “The Jewish New Year”) falls late August/mid September on the secular/Gregorian calendar
  • The school year (either as a student or an academic) starts mid August to early September, depending on the college system (quarters versus semesters)
This has always been my fresh start, my time for new beginnings, my time for resolutions. And so it is this year….

I have a great deal of goals – most of them realistic – for this year. Be the goals personal or professional, physical or spiritual, mundane or extraordinary…they all focus on a central concept. My “one little word” ala Ali Edwards for my personal new year is INVIGORATE!

Invigorate =
  1. to impart vigor, strength, or vitality to (compliments of the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language)
  2. to give energy to or refresh (compliments of the Collins Essential English Dictionary)
I’ve had this word – my one little word – on the backburner since reading everyone else’s entries at the start of 2009. This is truly a concept I want to put at the forefront of my mind, as it addresses so much of the stagnation I feel.

I’m not sure where I will address all of these issues/ideas/plans. Perhaps I’ll resurrect my poor old other blog…perhaps not. I won’t do it here, as I would like to keep this blog pristine, so to speak. I want to keep this my special place to explore a different side of me…to INVIGORATE the creative me…or at least that’s my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment